SuperNova Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nation in which gamers can be themselves. Read Reviews, Walkthroughs and become a part of a amazing community!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Role Playing Games

Go down 
+3
PhayderNecro
Vioz
Mark57Raider
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:07 am

In the true final fantasy 3, which is NOT the one with Terra, Locke, Sabin and Edgar and the espers. The Onion Knight job system is like final fantasy 5 except the fact that you don't get a job command ability or support ability every time your job levels up. It basically makes your skill level for that particular job stronger. And you can only change jobs in final fantasy 3 if you have the right amount of capacity points. You can change to a certain Job depending on the type and how much you've used it.
It will cost more capacity points to change to a skill that is more different physically or magically than a skill with the same physical or mental prowess. For example, Monk to Knight would cost less than Monk to Black Mage or White Mage. You have to take that into consideration and the fact that you have used the Job for so long. It's not as complicated as it seems. Though I find it would much be easier to use than ff5's convoluted job system.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:09 am

ohhhhh....i see xD

lol, i'd rather be a black mage than a white mage, thouhg i'd go for swordsman anytime xD
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:02 pm

As far as final fantasy is concerned I'm glad they have multiple picks for characters. Because each one has its strength and weaknesses and even though there are jobs better than others, they are basically balanced. I have no idea why a thief was put in final fnatasy because they are usually fast but weak. My team consists of a warrior, monk, red mage and white mage. I picked white magic because she is the only member of the team that can constantly cure everyone while my team opens up a can of monster whupbutt on these freaks. But if I were to pick one team of character throughout the game it would probably be a monk because they have lots of strength and even though they don't carry armor they still deal high damage.

But yeah I've done started on playing Metal Gear Solid on my playstation emulators and I'm at the part where I have to shoot down Liquid Snake on his Helicopter using a Sting. Fun battle, and very difficult. I managed to almost kill him by a knot and I ended up losing.

Playing Chrono Cross again, the elements grid reminds me so much of Final Fantasy's materia system. I may go across and play my hand at Wild Arms again.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:34 am

my team is usually made up of a good number of swordsmen and archers, a couple of black mages and white mages, and maybe a thief. Thieves are useful cause you can sometimes get a lot of items and additional money.
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:38 pm

Are you talking about Diablo or Diablo 2 perhaps? Or are you talking about final fantasy 5?
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:50 am

final fantasy :3

never played diablo xD
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:52 pm

The black belt class in final fantasy 1 is pretty much the strongest. Sometimes the fighter can do more damage in battles, but black belt is more apt to strike more critical hits than any other. The red mage class is usually the balanced when it comes to physical strength and magic combat abilities.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:50 am

O I C....interesting @-@
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:14 pm

You possibly probably already knew that. I was just making a statement. Speaking of Role Playing Games, I finally finished the Ys 3 : Wanderers from Ys game. The last boss was more annoying than a police siren reverberating in your ear. I haven't really been playing Bahamut Lagoon lately. Some epsxe games like Metal Gear Solid and Wild Arms 2. I probably already said that though.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:03 am

Got bored of Suikoden V...need a new game..
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Did you finish Suikoden V? Generally if I'm stuck at one spot in the game and I can't continue, I'll usually sit the game out for awhile cause my brain is constantly thinking about what I have missed in order to pass on through. Then I will generally get bored after that. Fighters are fun in that you don't have to think, you can just mash buttons while immediately knowing how to fight in the game. Capcom is probably the most I'll ever play out of fighters though.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:23 am

didn't finish it xDD

Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:59 am

Only Suikoden I played was Suikoden IV and it wasn't too bad of a game. I have to remember what the battle system was like. Probably due to the lack that the game wasn't really one of my favorites anyhow. But i remember Legend of Dragoon, and that was a really good game.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:12 am

Suikoden V was pretty good, but battling monsters every 5 seconds is a bitch
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:20 pm

The dejap translation of Tales of Phantasia had some pretty insane random encounter rates. Although the fights are fun, they aren't not all faced paced. Overall the game was really good. I didn't get to find the ninja girl though and the game called Ys 3: Wanderers from ys, wasn't a bad game either. It was actually a really good game, despite its lack of graphics.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:32 am

There was an Inuyasha RPG i once found...i forgot the title...
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:51 pm

Oh that one on PS2. Yeah know it was Inuyasha RPG : (something or another). I liked Atlier Iris on the PS2. It had a dynamic alchemy system like Secret of Mana. It's not the hardest game to play, but it isn't all that easy either. You can make stuff like healing bulbs, bombs, boomerangs, Ice bombs, shurikens and all sorts of good stuff.
It has anime graphics though if you're not into that sort of stuff. The world map was plain, but all in all a good game.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:59 am

Huh...never heard of it, I missed out on a lot of games when our ps2 got busted XD
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Atlier Iris is moderately entertaining. I didn't play the whole series per say, but the turn based battles were fun. You mostly had to depend on the main character of the game. In boss fights keeping him alive matters a lot. It's the difference between a glorified victory or a swift defeat. Yes he's that important. He is the main character who can only use reviving items, plus his alchemy spells are pretty powerful. His allies are mainly support people who only do extra damage. The main opening japan song is pretty nice, but it's anime-ish for those who don't like that sort of thing.

Like Secret of Evermore, I made a mistake. You absorb ingredients by mixing elemental minerals with a flick of the wand since you're obviously an alchemist. However, you have to gain the special skill or item first and mix it with different elements to make that item for use in battle.

The battle system in the game is different in a way. Considering that it is a turn based battle system. You have two turn charge attacks vertical range and horizontal range. It all makes up for using magic that widens vertically as well as magic and skills that hit horizontally, making for you to use bulbs that heal your whole party as long as they are lined up. Or specials that hit multiple enemies as long as they are lined up as well, making for a strategic and effective game play experience.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:29 am

...I'm getting that game.
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:17 pm

You could probably find it at Game Stop or something as it's an old PS2 game. Around 2005.. But yeah I forgot to mention enemies can do half turns. Like build tension one turn and deal heavy damage the next. To counter attack that though, you have to use attacks which deal heavy blows and interrupt their special attack. Like maybe a comet attack and cancel their tension, having them to try to build tension again the next round. And if you fail to cancel it, they may do heavy damage to your characters per say.

I haven't much been playing anything except Hard Secret of Mana with my friend. We got nearly all the way to the last boss and got killed by Thanatos.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:00 am

it's all those power attacks in tekken...cool :3
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:54 pm

It wouldn't seem to me like Tekken would have charging up attacks like that since it's a fighting game. Unless it has some sort of "super" gauge system like GW:ED, street fighter alpha or the marvel vs capcom series.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:05 pm

in time maybe they'll put one
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:07 pm

Been playing a little more of Dragon Quest 6 and Soul Blazer. I'm finally glad a got unstuck in a part because that part where I couldn't cross the rafts was beginning to irritate me, even then I had to use a walk through to direct me to the right place. So I finished two bosses in that game in one play, even though it's still not much; I'm glad I finally gotten a little farther.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Favorite Role Playing Games
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next