SuperNova Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nation in which gamers can be themselves. Read Reviews, Walkthroughs and become a part of a amazing community!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Role Playing Games

Go down 
+3
PhayderNecro
Vioz
Mark57Raider
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

Favorite Role Playing Games Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:34 pm

This section is basically here for talking about which Role Playing Games are your favorites, whether they are made from the USA or whether they are made from Japan and just got localized. I'm going to admit that I find a lot of the Japanese Role Playing Games used to dominate our markets, but the rise in USA games has improved such as games like Baldur's Gate, Diablo, Dungeon Siege, the ever so awesomely popular World of Warcraft, Bard's Tale, Border Lands, Fallout and Star Wars : Knights of the old Republic and Oblivion.

I think it's fair that ANY role playing game should be counted in this section because there are good games from both sides, even though I haven't played a lot of westernized role playing games. I'll admit that I find Japanese games to be better in style. Okay here it goes.

Tales of Phantasia
Secret of Mana - Best multi player rpg I've played
Front Mission Gun Hazard
Final Fantasy 4,6,7,8.9,10 and 12
Dark Cloud 2
Zelda : Ocarina of Time
Robotrek
Star Ocean
Star Ocean : Till the End of Time
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma
Kingdom Hearts I & II
The Bard's Tale - The only western RPG I could really get into.
Fable 2 - I've seen it played, and it actually looks pretty good although I haven't played myself, so I could like it or hate it.
Wild Arms 2
Legend of Dragoon
Romancing Saga 3
Radiata Stories
Zelda : Windwaker
Zelda : Minish Cap
Zelda : Link to the Past
Zelda : Majora's Mask. Never completed but still find to be a good game.
Sword of Mana
Legend of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Seiken Densetsu 3
Super Ninja Boy was a good one too, but I don't play that one anymore due to the stupid long passwords that have 30+ characters.
Castlevania : Curse of Darkness
Castlevania : Aria of Sorrow
Castlevania : Lament of Innocence
Dawn of Mana
Dragon Quest 8. Haven't Completed.
Bahamut Lagoon
Treasure of the Rudras
Super Famicom Wars

I really have too many favorites and 94% of them are from Japan, but Bard's Tale was really good.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:31 am

Final Fantasy 6,8,10
Legend of zelda, Ocarina of time, twilight princess, link to the past, minish cap
Chrono Trigger
Terranigma
Seiken Densetsu 3
Fable: The lost chapters
Titan Quest
Star wars, knights of the old republic

cant think of more atm, only woke up
Back to top Go down
http://eff-clan.org/
PhayderNecro
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
PhayderNecro

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:39 pm

Diablo 1, 2

Elderscrolls oblivion

phantasy star online

shenmue

Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:25 pm

I do actually remember playing Diablo. It was a good game, it's just one I never got good at. The butcher always got to me, and I remember only defeating him once while just running around. I haven't really played much of Shenmue. But I played a little bit of it in the mall. I've played a bit of Elder Scrolls when I went over a friends house. It was a 1st person rpg I believe. One thing about the game is it didn't have a lot of customizations, and the lack of monsters was kind of drab. But I only played the beginning of it. I hear Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic had dark and light classes like Seiken Densetsu 3 has as well. I can't make an opinion of Twilight Princess, because I haven't played the game long enough to make a concrete decision; although I have played enough to say it seems like a good game. Only played the gamecube version and I gave my console away.

Some other games worth mentioning are
Ys : Ark of Napishtim
Any of your favorite Tales games ( only played through Phantasia)
Wild Arms 3
Breath of Fire 2
Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars
Zelda : Link's Awakening
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:03 pm

^ Mario Rpg is also pretty awesome

now speaking of diablo 2, i actually liked it, it gets easier after 2nd act, ...i believe 3rd boss was mefisto or something..... anyways he was weak as hell O_O but then act 4 i never beat >.< its literally hell, didnt even get to diablo, and then there is act 5 -.-'
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:33 pm

I was watching a friend play Diablo 2 and remember seeing a bunch of munchkins running after him. It didn't seem like diablo 1 because the game seemed more of a 3-D over world. rather than an isometric close camera. Now I was playing final fantasy 1 earlier and finally found an airship. And we all know that when you have an airship in a final fantasy game, things get more interesting. Except for final fantasy 10 XD. The airship traveling in that wasn't as good, but everything else was okay.
Back to top Go down
Pyro Maniac
Admin
Admin
Pyro Maniac

Location : Im just the Beast under your bed, in the closet.. IN YOUR HEAD!

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:40 am

NO ORDER
Seiken Densetsu 3
Mario Rpg
Zelda : Majora's Mask
Secret of mana
FINAL FANTASY 7
Back to top Go down
http://www.supernovagaming.com
PhayderNecro
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
PhayderNecro

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:11 pm

man i was addicted to diablo 2 for some years but i never made it up to level 99 i just couldnt do it lol made it around level 80. And when u beat d2 on normal mode it only gets harder and even the little monsters are as strong as a boss its gets hectic lol.
And then theres the special tristran level where u gotta fight diablo mephisto and baal at the same time was fning epic. And black diablo that drops the annihilus charm once every blue mooon.

vioz man u still havent added me on steam do u even get on there anymore??
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Pyro maniac wrote:
NO ORDER
Seiken Densetsu 3
Mario Rpg
Zelda : Majora's Mask
Secret of mana
FINAL FANTASY 7

Sometime if you're still in the mood we can continue Seiken Densetsu 3 if you like.
The only game in that category I didn't finish is Majora's Mask.
But sure I think Diablo had some hard spots. It would seem that level 80 is high enough anyways for anything.
The dark contrast of the game was okay, as it did feel like a pretty Dark, deep dungeon like game.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:17 pm

PhayderNecro wrote:
man i was addicted to diablo 2 for some years but i never made it up to level 99 i just couldnt do it lol made it around level 80. And when u beat d2 on normal mode it only gets harder and even the little monsters are as strong as a boss its gets hectic lol.
And then theres the special tristran level where u gotta fight diablo mephisto and baal at the same time was fning epic. And black diablo that drops the annihilus charm once every blue mooon.

vioz man u still havent added me on steam do u even get on there anymore??

oh lol i forgot, ill add you as soon as i finish my homework lol
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:47 am

I wouldn't know how steam works. Although I did see the trailer for Killing Floors, I'm not a big fan of zombie shooters because zombies are kind of lame to me. They're just humans that are undead and move slow.
Back to top Go down
PhayderNecro
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
PhayderNecro

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 pm

nah man if you watched the trailer youll see the game is more then just slow moving zombies. Its a co op survival horror game. And thers different kinds of zombies coming at you in a huge wave and you and your team has to survive it. thats why yall should get it if your on steam i could hook someone up with the game for free
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:13 pm

I saw the trailer for it, one guy kept saying "Reloading" "Reloading" throughout the whole entire skirmish. Even though it has multi player and a lot of depth, or so it looks like. It just doesn't look too interesting. Maybe it's because there's only shooting and traveling.
Back to top Go down
PhayderNecro
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
PhayderNecro

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:27 am

damn i just noticed in that vid playing that guy sucks at killing floor lol
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:56 pm

With all the "reloading" "reloading" it figured as if he was trying to have someone cover him all the time.
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:14 pm

I been playing some front mission online and that got added to my list. Luckily someone came in my room wanting to know what it was about. So we played about two maps and he thought it was an interesting game.

I've also gotten into playing Treasure of the Rudras. I really interesting mantra based game (word making magic system) where you have to miracuiously save the world in 15 days, using three different heroes of different class types.

I know this is a double post, but no one has really said anything in quite awhile in here. So I'm sorry for that.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:36 am

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:07 am

Yumiyuri wrote:
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology

Is that game online? Only one I have played till the end was Tales of Phantasia. I guess I'm just wondering if it's better than World of Warcraft in your opinion. What console/computer type is it on. I guess I could look it up myself, but well anyways.

Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:00 am

I don't think it's an online game. I had it on PSP. I never played WoW but seeing as i have witnessed my friends playing it, WoW is better than TOW: RM.

There's a new Tales game, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:18 pm

Yeah WoW had some good graphics when I was at the wifi watching a guy play it on his own computer. It was new to me and he told me he never played final fantasy 9, so I copied my ff9 game epsxe from my laptop to his. So now he could experience ff9 on his computer on epsxe.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:33 am

awesome Smile

i wanna experience WoW and FF9 but to install stuff i need my dad's password -,-
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:40 pm

FF9 was a pretty good game. Although I'll admit it is a little cartoon compared to final fantasy 7 and 8,but I liked it just the same. It's a bit easier than final fantasy 8 as well. And you will have to do a lot of battling to master skills, magic and support abilities. Of course you could do a run where you can skip learning certain things. And the boss battle system, is actually somewhat of a requirement that you have to steal weapons, armors and add-ons from bosses. Some of em you can't get otherwise. Side quests are fun, I won't spoil much about the chocobo system, but it was great as well. Though the world in the game seems smaller since the game is based around 4 main continents. And synthesising can be fun as well, but you will lose the two items that you have in the process.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:34 am

Synthesizing is pretty fun, i do love to experiment :3

lol Chocobos are cute....
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:32 pm

We're talking about final fantasy 9 right? I basically like chocobos in that game because NOT ONLY do you get to RIDE them, but you can also dig for treasures and chocographs all around the world map. Some things you can't get otherwise either. That feature they added was really fun.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:44 am

that sounds like fun Very Happy

has Onion Knight really had a function?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Role Playing Games   Favorite Role Playing Games Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Favorite Role Playing Games
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next