SuperNova Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nation in which gamers can be themselves. Read Reviews, Walkthroughs and become a part of a amazing community!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Empty
PostSubject: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:44 am

Fatal Frame 3 brings a new thing to the table - the setting mostly takes place in a dream. The falied ritual, this time, is called the Tattoo Ritual, where a priestess is tattooed with the sorrows of people and be forced to "sleep" by having her arms and legs impaled. This is to prevent "The Rift" (the sorrows of the people) from spreading to wreak havoc on the world. You play as Rei (yes, we share the same name xD), a photographer who feels guilty because she caused the car accident that killed her fiance. She begins to dream of the Manor of Sleep and the Tattooed Priestess, who is intent on pulling her into the dream forever. Miku from Fatal Frame 1 returns, and is now working as Rei's assistant. And she also dreams of the Manor, caused by the death of her brother. And also entering is Kei, the uncle of Mio and Mayu of Fatal Frame 2, and is also dreaming of the Manor.

The Manor of Sleep in the game brings together Fatal Frame 1 and 2 - some of the rooms are the rooms in Himura Mansion and the All Gods Village. Once again, you use the camera to fight ghosts, and solve puzzles to get through the game. New ghosts are also added for your Spirit List, and the strongest type of film, the Tattooed Film, which deals great damage, but takes a long time to load in the camera.

As you progress through the game, reality and dreams begin be brought together, to the point that the ghosts also appear in the real world when you wake up. You also switch from playing Rei to Miku to Kei, following their own stories. The three characters have their own special abilities (Kei's is kinda useless -.-), which can be used to aid them when they explore the Manor. Be warned though, the Tattooed Priestess wanders in certain parts of the Manor, and you are not strong enough to fight her until the last level. So don't let her catch you xD

Sad to say, I must admit that Fatal Frame 3 is not as scary as Fatal Frame 1 or 2, but it is still a pretty awesome game. The Handmaiden's Song has got to be the creepiest track in the whole game. 9/10

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:06 am

Sad to say what? Fatal Frame 3 is not as scary as Fatal Frame 1 or 2? That's good enough for me. The less the scarier the better. Silent Hill 2's chill factor made me actually scream cause this headless f*** came from nowhere and instead of a gun I had to fight it with a nail bat. The good part is Resident Evil 4 is not as scary as Silent Hill 2 and never did finish any of those games.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:36 am

it's not as scary but it'll give you chills all the same. especially when the Priestess is chasing you down the hallway xD
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:13 am

LOL. Let me get you some HOLY WATER!! Don't run, I want to ease your pain!! By putting you to death!
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:19 pm

there's an item called Sacred Water, it restores your health all the way xDD
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:10 pm

It's good there is something sacred in the game, because the game doesn't seem so sacred to me, considering your review. More as in scary. But I've played a few horror games. I think Silent Hill 2 was the first. The playstation 2 game.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:55 am

i don't find silent hill scary. it's more on the disturbing side for me :p
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:25 am

I still remember that pointy hat guy that uses that big knife sword during random parts throughout the game. One time he cut me up with one slice and i ended up dying. The guy I'm describing has a big chinese hat with a sword that looks like Cloud's buster sword. I'm betting he is the last boss of the game.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ???
Back to top Go down
http://eff-clan.org/
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:29 pm

Yes very much like that guy, except I remember him being creepier, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:52 pm

Thats the pyramid head
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:07 pm

Yeah the pyramid head comes out of nowhere sometimes and likes to do a one hit KO. You have to sort of dodge out of the way quick and then he'll just leave. I think he likes to try and dispatch you in narrow areas with little or no room to dodge. I've tried shooting at him and after a 1 or 2 swings, he'll usually leave.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:26 pm

Pyramid heads are creepy.....they....rape...people...O.o
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Vioz wrote:

With their giant stick of doom.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:48 am

he likes 'em unsubmissive xDDD
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:03 am

Mark57Raider wrote:
Vioz wrote:

With their giant stick of doom.

Well yeah, he'll cut you like diced tomato. He walks slow, but this buster sword is deadly. I tried popping him, but he wouldn't die.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:55 am

he was awesome in the movie xDDD
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:43 am

I didn't know pyramid head was in the movie. I thought he only in the 2nd silent hill. I just remember pyramid head being really slow, but on an occasion he could hurt you and cut you up really really bad.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:35 am

i was being serious....in one of the games or movies i heard he rapes someone O_O
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:46 am

Okay yeah that doesn't sound right. At least you can't see what is beneath pyramid's head. Probably something as ugly as those zombie chicks from Hotel 626.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:29 am

or justin bieber xDD

he did kinda rape someone in the movie...if you count taking someone's clothes off, then ripping her skin off with one pull as rape....
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:32 pm

I still have no idea what justin bieber looks like. There's lots of talks about him. And I'm sure his fans are crazy about em. (teenage girls), but I mean, all I hear is talk about him. I don't know his albums, I don't know what he looks like and I haven't seen any of his concerts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review   Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fatal Frame 3: the Tormented Review
Page 1 of 1