SuperNova Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nation in which gamers can be themselves. Read Reviews, Walkthroughs and become a part of a amazing community!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Fantasy 13 Xbox360 Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

Final Fantasy 13 Xbox360 Review Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy 13 Xbox360 Review   Final Fantasy 13 Xbox360 Review Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:39 pm

Hello again. Here is my review for Final Fantasy XIII. In the world of Cocoon lies a Ragnorok. A beast god called the Fal'Cie who dictate the human's lives in the world from Pulse. When the war of Cocoon breaks out a lone soldier code named Lightning is aboard a train, and decides to become a l'Cie. In case you are wondering Fal'Cie brand humans to become a l'Cie. Being a l'Cie is either a life or death situation in the fact that you will turn into a Ceith (soulless monster) if you do not complete your focus (basically you as a l'Cie in which you are branded, you have to accomplish a certain goal if you do not want to end up in hell.) That is Cocoon in a nutshell. The story goes on even further, but there is monarchy all around where you have to either survive completing your mission or live as a hellish form for eternity and become a pulse Cieth.I can agree that the story is good though. You also have Snow who is bent on saving humanity from become a l'Cie world from Fal'Cie Pulse.

Graphic wise for this game I cannot state how lavish this game looks and how long a feat it must have took to put all this together. Completely fascinating. The graphics on xbox 360 look real, and on an HD TV I cannot stress to you that the work of this masterpiece could have gotten any better. Every single detail, whether it is alert mode when the enemies see you, to the strikes of your auto-battle or abilities. To the way you slash, punch, or blast your way through enemies. Whatever move you make has so much action going on. It's a real final fantasy trip on drugs. The way you blast a stagger on an enemy gets you pumped and primed. The level of detail in this game is so unsurpassed. The monsters look real. The game looks real. I want to go on, but I can't point out any flaw in this game graphically.The eidolons are fun, the game is pure bliss.

The musical ambience of the game is superb. The music of the game always fits the mood to where you are at in the story.Some people may not like the battle theme of final fantasy 13 as it sounds a little harmonic in a dangerous sort of way. The machine engine theme in going around the pulsework soldiers and electronoids is a bit catchy. Then you have the blissful singing of the wilderness theme with vanille in which she is a sugar coat, not to try to criticize her. The jazz theme of Sazh Kitzroy when he's in a fed up situation, and of course no one can forget Lightning's battle theme. Even though she is a woman she's attractively badass. I mean that literally. Headstrong and determined she's bound to try to save her sister Serah no matter what outcome she faces, and her theme's personality shines on it.

Okay again from other final fantasy games the battle system is a little more complex. First and foremost you are forced to fight in Active Time. You cannot wait around trying to take less than 7 or 8 seconds to choose a move, because if you do, you will get killed. Another thing is you only control one person in a battle which lightens the difficulty. Your difficulty is also lightened when you die because you always have the choice to retry which is a first for final fantasy. Though all your desiptisols,fortisols,aegisols, and ethersols well be gone after you die. So you have to watch out there. Also your Techincal points which are used to do special manuevers will also be gone in battle as well. You are awarded TP after a battle depending on how fast you beat the enemy in a heated battle.
Being said that battles work in two ways. You can either initiate a first strike attack by using a desipitosol when you see a monster on the field. If timed right you can preempt an enemy and get a better chance of a stagger, but be quick choosing those words because if you are slow your enemy will recover from stagger. Fortisols and Aegisols grant certain bonuses when used before a battle too. They are better to use in more difficult fights. Fortisols create a more offensive agression against the enemies while Aegisols create a more defensive role. Speaking of roles,
You can assign different ways of fighting your enemies with six different roles. You can only assign one role to each of the three party members you have each paradigrm. A paradigrm is the way in which you battle. Up to six paradigrms can be assigned for your party and you can change the role in which your character fights out of battle. The key to winning is careful planning of the six roles being Commando, Ravenger, Sentinel,Medic,Synergist and Sabetour. Each role battles differently so when you battle you can switch paradigrms at any time.

I forgot to mention the Crystalarium which can be used to powerup your characters different roles and attribute bonuses such as Strength, Magic, Max HP, Abilities, Slots and other goodies. Of course fighting enemies gives you Crystalrium Points to charge up your l'Cie powers for Commando such as LifeSiphon,Launch,Overwhelm,Smite, Boon, Blitz, Ruinga, different levels of Role Abilities, HP + 60, Magic +20, Ruin, Dispel and Dispelga and that's only the tip of Commando. You have other roles with other magic and abilities so power them up!

This is an amazing installment of final fantasy 13. One of the best next to 12. The graphics for 12 are superb as well, but are more flat and abrassive than final fantasy 13. Final Fantasy 10 had better graphics than 12, but all of them are very good games and despite the fact that people say final fantasy is going down hill, it's hard to believe because each installment just keeps getting better and better. A must for any fan of the series!

Last edited by Mark57Raider on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 Xbox360 Review   Final Fantasy 13 Xbox360 Review Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:10 pm

To carry on the review I've finally beaten this game. I didn't beat it 100%, but I did get across the game very nicely with Stage 10 Crystalarium. Additional Skills - Lifesiphon, Faultsiphon, Blindside (Bolster Attack Ruin at the front of attack when enemy isn't targeting you), Ravage (Bolster Blitz and Ruinga at the front of ATB gauge when Ravager is present), Overwhelm, Jeopordize, Boon (enhance status effects upon Synergist abilities), Enfire, Enwater, Enfrost, Enthunder, Barfire, Barwater, Barthunder, Barwater, Aquastrike, Galestrike, Thunderstrike, Flamestrike. All the Ens are synergies while strikes are bolstered with Ravager situated. Paradigms are also fun to change in the tide of battle. Never know when you'll need to constitute with a plethora of Blitz or Ruinga in Commando after enemy is staggered for critical hits. Or when you need to cura, curasa or curaja your party with medic paradigm.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 Xbox360 Review   Final Fantasy 13 Xbox360 Review Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:46 am

I've been stuck on the final boss for the longest time, any tips for orphan?
Back to top Go down
http://eff-clan.org/
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 Xbox360 Review   Final Fantasy 13 Xbox360 Review Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:09 am

Which party members do you use? I use Sazh, Lightning and Snow. Okay things get a little tricky after you beat Barthendalus' in the third and final fight. Many folks chose to use Fang, Lightning and Hope, but at a point I used Sazh, Lightning and Snow because their Strength and Magic stats are lower in game and more challenging. Here's my Paradigm Shift Setup -> Aggression, Relentless Assault, Hero's Charge, Salvation, Combat Clinic and Protection.

What you want to do is RIGHT OFF THE BACK. Switch to Protection since Orphan starts off in less than a second Merciless Judgement. You're screwed if you don't have at least one Sentinel in the Party when he does that depending on if you've maxed out the crystalarium. Switch right off to Combat Clinic and CURASA everyone to max while quickly switching out to Relentless Assault. Use Sazh's Cold Blood to quickly boost chain gauges with Ravager Present in the mix to quickly be able to break the enemy's stagger point quickly. Army of One works like Cold Blood except the chain gauge empties faster so it's more aggrevating to try to bolster a stagger on an enemy while the enemy keeps knocking off your hp.
While keeping the enemies chain gauge at bay. Synergist with haste on everyone is a must. Quickly haste and vigilance everyone. Forget about shell and protect at the moment until Orphan uses both consumnate light AND consumnate darkness. As you keep knocking off his HP he'll start using saboteur effects like fog and pain which are seriously annoying. I found equipping Cherub Down with the accessory that hampers fog and pain effects are very very essential to beating this boss. If you need to medic while you are fogged you are screwed in this battle. You just need to quickly mallet and use painkillers to keep your party attacking. Warding Tailisman works good as well. You can't also forget to cast Libra at the beginning of Orphan so that your party knows what specials to attack. The key to winning this fight is ultimately using Protection and Combat Clinic when your HP is almost gone and at the same time switching back to Relentless Assault and Agression Fast enough so that Orphan will be staggered so you can do insane critical hits. Once Orphan is staggered TAKE THE ADVANTAGE AS HARD AS IT IS TO STAGGER HIM. Hit him with Agression as a Commando, Commando, Ravager team and strike with cold blood while your whole party is in haste so that you can quickly do more stagger damage before he recovers from stagger. At the point of stagger his consumanate darkness and light will be gone so you don't have to worry. At the point where you are doing 30000-40000 damage a hit and knocking the shit out of Orphan quickly switch back to Protection and Combat Clinic as he will be out for revenge. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. He's dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy 13 Xbox360 Review   Final Fantasy 13 Xbox360 Review Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy 13 Xbox360 Review
Page 1 of 1