SuperNova Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nation in which gamers can be themselves. Read Reviews, Walkthroughs and become a part of a amazing community!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Super Famicom Wars : Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

Super Famicom Wars : Review Empty
PostSubject: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:57 pm

There was a time when I played this game, I thought to myself; hmm this game is fun yet it is really hard to learn. Because some time ago I played an X-friend on zbattle a few years ago. I had no idea how to play this game and yet we played.I did not know how to play, but I finally found an walk through for the game. And the game is none other than Super Famicom Wars aka. (Advanced Wars) for the GBA. ;I'll write this to try to break down the fundamentals and rules of the game, so that anyone who is not familiar with the GBA game will understand how to play the Japanese port even with zbattle online. For those who are not familiar with the game it is a japanese military game and the objective is to seize your enemies head quarters and kill all of your opponents (units). A unit is a single soldier, army vehicle, sea craft or air craft used to battle other enemies on the map.With all these in mind and with common sense, usually the higher the price to build a unit, the stronger and more durable that unit is. Infantry which cost only 1000 G are weak, but they can move faster than their mech counterparts which are about 3000, yes they are called mechs. Infantry are a good way to make money because their movement speed is fast, and they can conquer buildings faster (conquering a building means more money in your pocket the next turn) than mechs which usually take two turns to make it theirs, the downside to using infantry is they will get destroyed much easier than ANYTHING else. Even mechs which are somewhat stronger than infantry can withstand a recon which is the weakest vehicle unit. Infantry uses rifles and mechs have cannons which do make them move slower.Now since you've learned the relationship between infantry and mech let's get down to the vehicles. usually all of these cost around 5000-20000G I think. Recon being the weakest, from light tank, medium tank and Heavy Tank being the strongest. Good think is with all of these units you can move and attack with that one unit in one turn. But with only those units. The next vehicle units down from the list are Artillery, Medium Artillery, Anti-Air Artillery and Heavy Anti-Air Artillery with all those being around 10000 to 20000+ G i think. Artillery and Medium Artillery cannot move at the same time they can attack. The good part is both these units have very good range and good capability of destroying or damaging recon, light tanks or medium tanks. Medium Artillery can do somewhat good damage against Heavy Tank, keep in note that both units attack in the same battle if the enemy unit has the range and capability also. Now with Anti-Air Artillery it cannot attack a unit out of a range in the same turn it moves, the only way it can attack in the same turn it moves, is if it moves 1square right next to its opponent in the same turn it moves.The thing about The Anti-Artillery is that it can kill Bombers, Assault Fighters and Fighters, Transport Planes and Copters. Everything Air it can shoot down with good range. Heavy Anti-Air Artillery will do much damage against these, but it must be beware of Bombers and Fighters because these Air units can heavily destroy land units as well.You can build Air units at heliports that you can conquer with infantry or mechs. Transport vehicles which are around 5500G for land or air can transport human units much farther than walking. Keep that in mind when you want to do drop offs which take too many turns for mechs or infantry.Assault Fighters have the worst price and are only standard in fighting skills, they are not weak. but they are not strong either. They cannot bomb land units like Bombers and Fighters can and are weaker than fighters. It doesn't make sense, but they are. Believe me I tried myself. If best I would rather pay lower price for a fighter instead of an Assault Fighter.I have not tried many sea battles, but I will try to explain the best of my knowledge. You have submarine, battle ship, and cruiser that's all I know. Battle ships can shoot aircraft but submarines and cruisers are complete sea attackers. A cruiser would definitely beat a battle ship as would a submarine do the same. I'm pretty sure a submarine can hide underwater in Super Famicom Wars, and it fires with the missile, but I'm pretty sure a cruiser would snipe down both a submarine and battleship.Somehow every unit has their place in Super Famicom Wars, and the way you would play is that in a Role Playing Strategy Game, but it is more Strategy than role playing. You will also have terrain in which to evade your attackers and strategizing the placement of your units. The direct objective of the game is to destroy all of your opponents units or to seize their headquarters, i'm not sure which. But it is a fun game to get into and you can play with a buddy as well as against. It's a game I would suggest to any Strategy fan regardless of all the Japanese language it is embedded with. I give it a 10/10

Last edited by Mark57Raider on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pyro Maniac
Admin
Admin
Pyro Maniac

Location : Im just the Beast under your bed, in the closet.. IN YOUR HEAD!

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:36 pm

AWESOME REVIEW!
Back to top Go down
http://www.supernovagaming.com
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:45 pm

awesome game Smile
Back to top Go down
http://eff-clan.org/
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:56 am

wow, very nice review Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:27 am

Here is some of the game's graphics
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:30 am

In case you are all wondering, that's what the game looks like up front, although I'm sure some of you are familiar with it.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:35 pm

it looks cute :3
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:28 pm

This was basically some online shots of me playing teams online toe to toe with Green Earth and Yellow comet.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:25 am

kinda looks like pokemon xD
Back to top Go down
Pyro Maniac
Admin
Admin
Pyro Maniac

Location : Im just the Beast under your bed, in the closet.. IN YOUR HEAD!

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:06 am

^ True Very Happy lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.supernovagaming.com
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:20 am

but it's cuter than pokemon. it also looks like the old Final Fantasy games xD

Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:56 am

Yumiyuri wrote:
but it's cuter than pokemon. it also looks like the old Final Fantasy games xD

So when does combat units in modern warfare and strategy, with unit building have to do with old medieval turn based final fantasy games? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:19 pm

no, i meant the graphics xDDD
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Lol, not even the graphics look that bad, unless you're talking about the remake of final fantasy 1. Then you can say that it looks like the wonderswan and playstation remakes of final fantasy 1. Other than that it's a pretty solid strategy snes title. If you meant regular nintendo, I'd have to disagree.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:28 am

yeah i was talking about the remake xD
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 pm

I used to think since the game only has four different teams, that it was a game in which four players multitap could play. Coincidentely it is not. Only 2 human characters can play at a time. It's not like bomberman.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:06 am

Ohh...well, that sucks :p
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Has anyone started playing this game yet? I know strategy/rpg isn't too popular among this crowd of gamers and also the game is in Japanese. And also there is advance wars too. I don't even know if this topic should be brought up from the dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Famicom Wars : Review   Super Famicom Wars : Review Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Super Famicom Wars : Review
Page 1 of 1