SuperNova Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nation in which gamers can be themselves. Read Reviews, Walkthroughs and become a part of a amazing community!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DooM (by Vioz)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vioz
Vioz

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:58 pm

DooM

I am writing this under the influence of boredom

So, who doesnt know doom? this 17 year old game is still played to this day, probably one of the most legendary FPS games ever made

What is Doom? Doom is a First Person Shooter (FPS) game, first one to have walls that arent like a bunch of boxes, also its gameplay is pretty awesome too, and addicting

Whats doom about? Doom is about a dude called "doomguy" who alone has to save the world from ...hell
Trough Zombiemen to Hell Knight to Cyber Demons and Spider Masterminds, he slaughters them all, and when Doom 2 comes, and he thinks its all over as he returns to Earth, it starts all over again

Doom stuff?
Enemies:
Zombiemen
Shotgun guys
Chaingunners
Imps
Hell knights
Barons of hell
Archviles (or as i call them, Assholeviles)
Arachnotrons
Mancubi (Mancubus in plural is mancubi :O)
Lost Souls
Cacodemons
Pain Elementals
Revenants
Cyber Demons
Spider Masterminds
Demons
Spectre's
Icon of sin (boss in doom 2, its actually Ramero's head hidden behind icon of sin, ramero is one of the dudes behind doom)
SS Wolfenstein (only in doom 2's secret level)
Comander Keen (only in doom 2's Super secret level)

Weapons:
Fists
Chainsaw
Gun
Shotgun
Super Shotgun
Chaingun
Rocket Launcher
Plasma Gun
BFG 9000

Powerups:
Invisibility
Megasphere
Soulsphere
Googles
Toxic Suit
Invincibility
(again i might have missed something)

Series:
Doom
Ultimate Doom (doom with 4th episode)
Doom 2
Final Doom (Plutonia and TNT: Evilution)
Doom 3
Doom 3 Ressurection of evil
and soon doom 4

Back to reviewing
For today's standards, the graphics are really, really horrible actually lol, but its the gameplay that matters, get the keys, kill some monsters, press some switches, epicness, AND YOU KNOW IT
THere are countless numbers of doom modifications, i myself make maps for it Very Happy you can also play online deathmatches trough skulltag, what is skulltag? omg, so much explaining here, im just gonna tell you to go to the skulltag website lol

so about the mods, i would like to name some really good ones:

Hell Revealed (and HR2)
Memento Mori
Eternal
Sapphire (this is your perfect map, if youre looking for high detail, i mean, this looks like any decent game)

so what else can i say, Doom is awesome, was awesome, will be awesome
9.5/10

Back to top Go down
http://eff-clan.org/
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:44 pm

Don't forget it has lots of blood and gore. I really haven't gotten far in this game though, but it does have sort of a cool 3-D feel to it. I think I may have gotten stuck in this one, but I think it does have the same caliber as Wolvenstein 3-D.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:49 pm

its made by the same ppl as Wolfenstein 3D, ID Software
but doom is waaaaaaaay better than wolfenstein
and yeah its pretty gory allright, but thats the fun part ^_^
also doom and doom2 are actually pretty easy (for me atleast) its doom tnt thats a bit harder and then Plutonia which i havent beaten yet, but its pretty damn hard
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:56 pm

I've seen bits and parts of Doom the Movie by "The Rock". It was okay, but "The Rock" turned out to be the bad guy at the end and sent to hell. But the thing is he was the commander of it at the beginning. Doom really though had lots and lots of red. Guess it is dependent on violence.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:00 pm

they are making a 2nd doom movie, and its hopefully not gonna be a fail like the 1st one :/
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:16 am

I didn't see all of the first one, so I only seen part of it. In that case, I really couldn't tell you how good it was. It seemed okay having all the marines on the aircraft, but some of them got some type of virus I think, and turned hostile after the period in which they got the virus.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:00 am

yep, it was nothing like the first 2 doom games Sad
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:58 pm

yeah I agree, the aliens were sort of just aliens by themselves, and not really humans that were subjected to the virus. All I know is they were originally there to investigate a riot in a spaceship.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:22 am

ohhh, i remember watching my dad play this game Very Happy

it's one of the games that made me a gamer :3
Back to top Go down
Pyro Maniac
Admin
Admin
Pyro Maniac

Location : Im just the Beast under your bed, in the closet.. IN YOUR HEAD!

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:38 am

Man i love this game i actually managed to get it on my ipod nano 1G and its AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
http://www.supernovagaming.com
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:26 pm

I rarely played the doom series only apart from the Super Nintendo version. Nowadays I don't get much into 1st person shooters as I used to. Turok the Dinosaur hunter used to be my favorite on the Nintendo 64, and then they made it a shooting side scroller on the original game boy.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:06 am

Doom on Ipod, Snes and DS is..........horrible...just horrible
Back to top Go down
Pyro Maniac
Admin
Admin
Pyro Maniac

Location : Im just the Beast under your bed, in the closet.. IN YOUR HEAD!

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:19 pm

I love it on the ipod but wtv Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.supernovagaming.com
Vioz
Vioz

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:27 pm

Doom, Ultimate DooM, Doom 2, DooM TNT Evilution and DooM Plutonia experiment are best on pc ^_^
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:57 pm

That's a whole lot of Doom man. I played the original only on the SNES, but none of the other ones. I haven't heard a lot from those ones.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:36 am

oh i can name them all...

DooM
Ultimate DooM (DooM with 4th episode "Thy flesh consumed"
DooM 2 :Hell on earth
Final Doom (Doom TNT Evilution, Doom The Plutonia experiment (hardest official doom game) )
DooM 3
DooM 3....expansion set? (i forget the name lol)

and some awesome mods that i play

DooM Hell reavealed (1,2)
DooM Memento Mori (1,2)
Eternal DooM
DooM Sapphire (only one map, but, is, effin, amazing, looks like any decent game)
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:40 pm

I guess in 2012... We're all doomed XD. No that was a joke, but I never thought they existed. I've seen Duke Nukem 64 though. But yeah my favorite shooting series had to be Turok. But i so hated it on the emulator cause the game would freeze and crap after i had died on it. Even so I would still have a few lives left before I had a game over, but it still just kinda froze.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:42 pm

OH! theres also DooM 64 lol
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:53 pm

I so remember when I used to be crazy over shooterss, I think I'm starting to get a bit addicted since playing multiplayer on Halo without it freezing and lagging to much on wifi.
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:57 pm

I actually went and downloaded Doom for the SNES and played 4 stages. Stage 3 caught me off guard because I was trying to look for the right way to go. It's kind of cool the fact that you have unlimited chances to pass a single stage. I tried it some, I may try it again later; and it seems like a really awesome game despite the fact that you try to go around some walls, it seems like they block you off sometimes. It's fun blasting away at enemies and stuff, but the environments sort of lack individuality throughout each stage. Sorry for the double post, but no one has responded in quite a while so....Oh yeah and Vioz, you forgot one other Doom. Mutant Chronicles - Doom Troopers.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:02 am

i dont think thats doom
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:30 pm

It has the same blood, guts and stuff. In terms of versions of games front mission is a strategy based rpg game. Since there is front mission 1, gunhazard, 2 and 3. It would just be like saying Front Mission : Gun Hazard isn't a Front Mission game just because it is a side scrolling action rpg mecha.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:31 am

Mutant chronicles - Doom Troopers is nothing like doom O_o
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:46 am

okay besides the platforming and crawling up cliffs. Well yeah you're right, but the intro screen does look the same though. But yeah you're right.
Back to top Go down
Infirnex
Infirnex

DooM (by Vioz) Empty
PostSubject: Re: DooM (by Vioz)   DooM (by Vioz) Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:42 pm

Doom Shareware
Doom
Ultimate Doom
Doom II: Hell on Earth
Final Doom: The Plutonia Experiment
Final Doom: TNT Evilution
Master Levels for Doom II
Maximum Doom
Doom 64
Doom 3
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil
Doom RPG