SuperNova Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nation in which gamers can be themselves. Read Reviews, Walkthroughs and become a part of a amazing community!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review Empty
PostSubject: Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review   Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:55 pm

If you've ever played Cybernator or Metal Warriors then you will probably know what to expect out of this game. If you haven't played either games then there's some explaining of this game I could possibly add. As far as the time frame to this game it doesn't have anything to do with the original series of the games. In fact this is possibly set farther than the rest. The story is about machines waging war with one another and the end result is a psychopathic narcissist named Ark, who wants to take over the country by taking the president and making a name for himself. Suddenly things go haywire when you get captured. You luckily flee the country and transform from protecting the president to being a branded criminal and a mercenary.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The visuals in the game are phenomenal as a side scrolling shooter action rpg.They made the visuals look as non-cartoony as possible; almost a realistic tone to them. There are cities with skyscrapers, barren deserts, snow mountains, snowy horizons, grassy plains all over the earth. The special effects are quite nice as well when you blast an enemy wanzer with your own wanzer. The secondary arsenal is nice to look at as well as primary shot gun or laser. And you do have lots to choose from depending on how far you get.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Game play over all is very good, good layout in weapon development as well as dash and the vernier unit (jet pack unit) are concerned. Most of the game's weaponry can be found in shops all over the nation. In the very beginning of the game you won't be able to dash or fly, but you will be able to soon and these upgrade better as you progress through the game. The more you progress the better arsenal you can carry like homing missiles and bazookas.
You can travel from one place to the next mostly in a Wanzer Transporter, then you pick the Area on the World map or the level in the area and press "A" to go from there. You don't exactly drop to the next place, you then go into statutory mode where you can decide what to do in your Wanzer Transporter. You can save the game, Equip, Configure, Deploy or Shop. Saving saves the game, Equip let's you equip your wanzer with primary, secondary arsenals, as well as vernier, dash, new mobile suits or even suit yourself human style with a pistol or grenade.
With much customization such as Attack, Reload Time and Ammo count, you can test primary weapons as well as secondary weapons to see which fits you the best. After all that you can reload your secondary ammo and Deploy to the battle field.
Battle field fighting consists of Wanzer Pilot fighting in which you fight lots of mechs on an area map or either complete an objective on a side scrolling map. Sometimes there will be bosses and other mechs that get in your way. You can use primary and secondary weaponry to turn the tides of a battle, and even pull in a friend to help you with the carnage. And in all cases you get either a Mission Complete or Mission Failed. Depending on how many mechs you defeat and the mission you complete you will be rewarded with a certain number of experience and gold. And once you complete a machine objective, you can stop on the far right end of the screen and hit "Down + B" for Wanzer Transport pickup and to complete the next mission.
It's a game I can recommend to shooter fans and action rpg fans alike, you won't have a problem liking this if you liked Mobile Suits Valken or Cybernator. For it's general presentation I call it a cult classic because not many people have known about the game and I'm sure if someone plays it, they will enjoy it none the less. I give it a 10/10 because it's pretty much a hybrid of action rpg and customization and nothing can go wrong with that.

Last edited by Mark57Raider on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review   Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:14 am

great revieiw O: i suddenly want to try this game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://eff-clan.org/
Pyro Maniac
Admin
Admin
Pyro Maniac

Location : Im just the Beast under your bed, in the closet.. IN YOUR HEAD!

PostSubject: Re: Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review   Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:19 am

Awesome review!!! il try this eventually
Back to top Go down
http://www.supernovagaming.com
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review   Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am

Thanks again for your feedback and constructive critisism. I really enjoyed this game as it's pretty much the only side scrolling action rpg game on the SNES I know. Other epic games like Super Metroid bring in that atmosphere as well. But not as well as Gun Hazard.
Back to top Go down
Laosh'Ra
Laosh'Ra

PostSubject: Re: Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review   Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:05 pm

played through the game 2-3 times and i can confirm that it's quite fun. id like to add that there is a limited multiplayer in this game (played it with raider Very Happy).
player 2 can play as a sidekick: you unlock new sidekicks as the game progresses and can switch them inbetween missions if you like (there are very very few missions where playing a specific sidekick is mandatory so you can essentially stick to the same one if you want). aside from brenda (the first one) you'll also control a wanzer (every sidekick plays differently). you cannot chose any equipment other than buying a better wanzer alltogether, but you level up at least.
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review   Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:54 pm

In other words, the game as far as the two player partner goes is in a way like Kirby Superstar. Thanks for filling in for this review Laosh 'Ra.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review   Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Front Mission : Gun Hazard SNES Review
Page 1 of 1