SuperNova Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Nation in which gamers can be themselves. Read Reviews, Walkthroughs and become a part of a amazing community!

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Empty
PostSubject: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2011 7:50 am

Finally got my ass up to write a new review (and no I haven't finished it but I'm getting there lol xDD)

So, last time we heard of our dear Prince (let's call him Bob) he was telling his story to the lovely (but useless during the game) Princess Farah, who sadly, doesn't believe him. Cut to seven years later after the events of Sand of Time and we find the Prince being forever chased by a terrible beast called the Dahaka, a beast which we soon learn has the duty of killing whoever released the Sands of Time and the lucky winner just happens to be Prince Bob here. Now the Prince is finding of saving himself by traveling to the Island of Time where the Sands were created. But that's not all! Since the Sands of Time were created seven years ago, the Prince needs to find the Time Portals in order to travel back to the past to prevent the Sands from being created by the Empress of Time.

Since the last game, Ubisoft has really improved. Warrior Within now let's you to create your own fighting style by utilizing all 30 of the Prince's unique combos. And now you can also pick up weapons of your enemies or destroy weapon stands to snag an axe, a sword, or a dagger but be warned, they don't last long. The weapons you pick up (except for your main weapon) will eventually be destroyed when you use it too much but never worry since you can combo even with one weapon. The Dagger of Time seems to vanished, instead, the Prince now has a chest amulet that absorbs sand from the guards on the Island of Time or you can break open the pots and other things lying around to see if there's sand in them.

The game also has new enemies, like the Karasuman (literally translated as "Crow Man"), the seductive kunoichi (female ninja), and of course, the Dahaka itself. Note that you don't really fight the Dahaka but raher, you need to escape it by getting to the Portal room before it, well...makes you into dinner. Chased-by-the-Dahaka sequences are abundant in the game and each with increasing difficulty. It's only weakness is water and the only way you can truly defeat it is by gaining the Water Sword, which can only be obtained if you all Life Upgrades in the game.

Speaking of Life Upgrades, remember that fountain in Sands of Time that lengthens your life? In Warrior Within, it's not a fountain anymore, but some kind of stone wall with a depression the middle for the Prince's chest amulet. Oh, but that's not the fun part. The fun part is that you need to navigate your way through hallways of traps just to get that Life Upgrade! Well, at least you earned it if you do get the Upgrade. But once you do get it, all traps will close, making your way back much, much easier. As for the traps, compared to Sands of Time, the traps in Warrior Within are...shall we say...be filled with rewinding and redoing and such.

Another new feature is the stuff you unlock. By picking up all the different weapons, you unlock the artwork that corresponds to that weapon. It's actually nice to view the Gallery once in a while. There are also chests you can break open to unlock other artwork, like characters and places.

The graphics are excellent, the voice acting is excellent (though dedicated fans will notice that voice of the Prince is different from Sands of Time and the next games), and the fight scenes are flawless. It also features two Godsmack songs: I Stand Alone and Straight Out of Line. I advise, though, that you don't play it on the PC, cause it's a bitch with all the camera angles. Anyways, even though I haven't finished it yet, I find the game enchanting. Definitely a 10/10!
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2011 9:28 am

all i can say is <3
one of the beastest games ever
Back to top Go down
http://eff-clan.org/
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2011 11:51 pm

Good Review. I still remember the 1st game and really haven't played any of the others since then. The time with the sand sort of tripped me up.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Wed May 04, 2011 4:29 am

lol Warrior Within is way better than the first hands down Smile
Back to top Go down
Pyro Maniac
Admin
Admin
Pyro Maniac

Location : Im just the Beast under your bed, in the closet.. IN YOUR HEAD!

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Wed May 04, 2011 1:59 pm

ive never tried this series... but people make it sound fun xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.supernovagaming.com
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2011 2:52 pm

I only played the first one and I really wasn't too fond of that one. It's probably because of all the puzzles.
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Thu May 05, 2011 3:40 pm

GO PLAY WARRIOR WITHIN, NOW >.<
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Mon May 09, 2011 12:34 pm

The sub-weapons sound like something from castlevania. I wouldn't mind doing the traps myself ,but with all that rewinding of the sands and ending up going back in time and stopping in time making you fall a short step to your ultimate doom. I wasn't a big fan of that aspect, but the way your hp upgrades sounds cool. Now this game has to be The Prince of Persia 2 That you are talking about or at least I think.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2011 7:56 am

GO PLAY IT >.< the balance of fight scenes and puzzle are balanced - they're both in abundance Smile
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2011 8:01 pm

Hopefully I might if they have it in stores, but I have other games to play or finish through before I get into another one. When was this game made anyways? Is it a playstation 2 title?
Back to top Go down
Vioz
Vioz

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2011 1:31 am

on PS2 and PC
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Tue May 17, 2011 5:20 pm

yeah...what he said.
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Fri May 20, 2011 10:31 am

I could pick it up since it's on PS2. But still playing my emulated games on computer. The health upgrades seem nice, but I'm wondering if you still upgrade in anything else.
Back to top Go down
Yumiyuri
Chatbox Moderator
Chatbox Moderator
Yumiyuri

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Fri May 20, 2011 9:58 pm

You get new swords and can pick up secondary weapons all throughout the game
Back to top Go down
Mark57Raider
Admin
Admin
Mark57Raider

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:37 pm

This game does sound a lot like Castlevania : Lament of Innocence though. It has sub weapons, relics and main weapons as you have mentioned. But like I said before I'm too much into emulation to play any new PS2 game. It seems like a great title, but there are far too many games to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within   Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
Page 1 of 1